The most common questions we get from our clients
Yes, spray tanning is a safe alternative to sun tanning. The solution is applied in a controlled environment and is made with FDA-approved ingredients. However, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider before getting a spray tan.
No, absolutely not! Our solution is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients. All of our technicians have also been trained and certified!
Please view the Tan Care section to find out the proper steps that need to be followed before your spray tan.
The entire process takes about 10-15 minutes, from start to finish.
The typical spray tan will last 7-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow the steps listed on our Tan Care section to get the best quality tan possible.
Try to book your tan as close to your departure date as possible so it’s fresh for you trip.
YES!!! Sunscreen is still a huge must. If you burn and then peel it is terrible looking! This is why I STRESS always wearing your sunscreen! I will share my personal favorites and types at your apt.
Yes! Just like the sunburn you will still get a suntan thru the spray tan. Typically my vacation goers comment how their spray tan faded into their real tan and they didn’t really notice when it faded.
You will notice the tan fade a little faster if you go in and out of the water. Keeping your skin hydrated with lotion and sunscreen, and a few other tips I can share at your apt to help too.
- exfoliating skin day before spray tan will help tan last longer and look more even. Stray away from a body scrubs as most are oil-based and will leave a residue. Instead, use a exfoliating mitt
- arrive to apt showered, bar soaps/cream-based body washes (Dove & Oil of Olay specifically) are known to leave a residue on the skin and can create a barrier that the tan cannot penetrate through and may leave streaks. Any gel-based body wash is best. Showering should be completed at least four hours prior to tanning to allow your pH levels to neutralize. If you must shower within four hours, run cold water at the end of your shower.
- Forgo any lotions, oils, deodorant, perfumes, or makeup the day of your appointment. All of these can create a barrier on the skin that the tan will not adhere to.
- wear hair high off shoulders/out of face
- wax 48hours before apt or Shave 24hrs before. shaving should be completed with a razor that lacks a moisture strip.
- no hair or lash Apts booked for time after same day as tan apt.
- Complete manicures + pedicures the day prior. If completed day-of tan, please forgo any oils/lotions that your nail technician might apply on you. If completed days after tan, your tan may become uneven due to soaking, acetone, oils, lotions, etc.
- Spa treatments should always be done prior, (all facials/massages)
- bring in/wear dark loose clothing to leave in Please note that the bronzer in solution may transfer to your items, and can possibly stain so please bring dark clothing.
- plan according to weather, rain or snow you need large coat/hood/umbrella to protect tan from being ruined.
- client can go nude, topless or wear clothing. If choosing to wear underwear/bra or swimsuit during spray tan make sure it is a dark color. We can always tuck in straps if wished too. (Men must wear underwear or swim trunks)
- tan last 5-10days
- length after apt you go before showering depends on color you want to achieve(1-4hrs).
- initial rinse -If you do not rinse at your designated time (You will leave your apt with detailed after care instructions and exact rinse time) your tan may develop too light or too dark. Do not use soap. Temperature should be lukewarm. If you see streaks after getting out the shower, hop back in and use your hand to guide the leftover bronzer off.
- before rinsing-Do not get wet or sweat until your initial rinse. This means no showering, working out, lotions, or liquid foundations on the skin until after you take your initial rinse. If you have pets, do not let them lick you.
- no touching-If you touch yourself while your tan is developing, this could result in stained palms.
- future showers- Avoid using any loofahs or wash rags during your showers. It is best to wash with hands only in areas where needed (pits + privates) to ensure a long-lasting tan. A gel-based body wash is best.
- activity check- Avoid swimming in the pool/ocean for long periods of time, long hot showers/baths, saunas, and excessive sweating. Your tan will not last very long if you are planning to do any of these activities.
- stay hydrated-The more hydrated your skin is, the longer your tan will last. Your moisturizer should be free of mineral oil and artificial fragrance. You may use a tan extending lotion that contains DHA after day three. In addition, be sure to drink lots of water.